Centerline Browser Provides Web-Based, Visual Access to Pipeline GIS Data
Centerline Browser is an easy-to-use Web-based map application that provides quick, visual access to pipeline GIS data. Powered by Microsoft Silverlight, this tool provides viewing and analysis capabilities that allow operators to easily share PODS-related pipeline and facility GIS data within their organization. Using Centerline Browser’s intuitive interface, pipeline operators can quickly display and navigate maps to get a system-wide view of their organization’s pipeline infrastructure and make important decisions.
Centerline Browser allows both GIS analysts and non-GIS users to perform a wide variety of tasks, such as finding addresses, viewing map alignment sheets, measuring areas and distances, and obtaining stationing information. Operators can also search the PODS database to uncover data they need on the job. Search results can be displayed on the map or exported for further review and/or reporting.
As an Esri ArcGIS Server application, Centerline Browser is a great option for companies that want to expose their PODS GIS data to a wide variety of users in the organization through a Web browser. More importantly, Centerline Browser’s functionality extends well beyond ArcGIS Server’s out-of-the-box Web mapping to create a simple way to search, view, and report pipeline data.
- Spatial queries allow users to select features by pointing and clicking along the length of a sketch line or inside a geographic area.
- PODS data is accessible to field and office users on a secure platform.
- Alignment sheets reach a wider audience by permitting access through a Web browser.
- Route and measure information is accessible with one simple step.
- Spatial queries identify all features and attributes in a specified area of the map to ensure a holistic view of information.
- Provides an integrated view of centerline data and associated PODS data in a single Web browser.
- Incorporates streaming imagery to make maps easier to understand.
- Silverlight-based Web application provides fast and intuitive user experience.
- The intuitive interface guides speeds up learning process for new users.
- Supports ArcGIS 10.0.
- Supports PODS 3, 4.02.
- Spatial queries for data types such as points, lines and polygons.
- Searches all features in underlying MXD or MSD file, regardless of data source.
- Uses standard ArcGIS mapping and navigation tools (zoom in, zoom out, pan, distance measurement) for easy map navigation.
- Uses bookmarks to retrieve previous search results.
- Exports map and tabular data.
- Performs attribute-based searches.
- Selects columns for display, with attribute filters and sorting.
- Supports multiple base map layer options.
- Provides point-and-click feature identification.
- Provides interactive stationing tool.
- ArcGIS Server
Web Application Environment
- Microsoft IIS
- Microsoft .NET Framework
Server Operating Systems and Framework
- Windows Server 2008
- x86 or x64 2-gigahertz (GHz) or faster processor with 2GB+ RAM (4GB+ RAM recommended)
Client Operating Systems and Browsers
- Windows XP or Windows 7
- x86 or x64 (64-bit mode support for IE only) 1.6-gigahertz (GHz) or higher processor with 512-MB of RAM (2GB+ RAM recommended)
- New Century Software PODS implementation (supports PODS implementations with or without line hierarchy)
- SQL Server
- Esri ArcSDE
CENTERLINE BROWSER is a trademark or registered trademark of New Century Software, Inc. Third party trademarks, trade names, product names and logos may be the trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.